Learn about Organization Behavior
Q 1. What is Conflict?
Ans. Conflict: - In an organization, if there is a controversy among the staff on any of the issues then it may be termed as conflict. In this ideas of different employees do not match and this tends to disagreement.
Q 2. What is Motivation?
Ans. Motivation: - It is a Process which occurs towards the achievement of goals by the employee in an organization. As for example the higher authorities motivate their subordinates for the better achievement.
Q 3. Define the importance and signs of Motivation?
Ans. Motivation has the great importance in an organization as to achieve the target and betterment with quality. Timely completion of an assignment, engaging in new big assignment etc will come through the motivation only. Sign of motivation are effect, direction, contrast.
Q 4. What is Organization Design?
Ans. Organization Design : - Design of organization means the every arrangement i.e. maintaining of the hierarchy of levels, availing the facilities, responsibilities of assignment. Distribution of products, requirement of manpower, expansion of future planning and employee has to be assign different power for which they are responsible.
Q 5. What are the different personality determinants?
Ans. Different personality determinants: Heredity: The determinant of personality indicates about the gone, past family back ground etc. As for example a person having sensitization, if his children comes and having that type of personality. Aggressiveness is also comes from the heredity.
Environment: Personality can be determined by the environment i.e. work culture, the working environment, the environment of the locality, where the person lives. A manager if interacting such group of employees, the personality will come on that basis.
Situation: Personality of a person in an organization also depends upon the situation. As for example, a manager has to make a presentation to chief secretary level, his personality obviously develops in the line so that he can smoothly interacting with that level. On the other hand, if the manager has to interact with his subordinates, his personality skills change. Hence it can be seen that situation changes the personality of an employee.
Q 6. What are the factors which influence perception?
Ans. Factors influencing Perception:
1. The Perceiver : It can be observed that the how the perceiver behaves, the perception changes.
2. Target: The perception of a manager depends upon the target given to him by his boss. As for example in an organization. The work pressure, work load of a particular assignment changes perception. The nature of work also affects the target and hence influencing perception.
3. Situation: The situation which the manager has to force also influences the perception. In a difficult situation or where the manager has to take decision on the basis of the maximum profit components of the organization , the perception of the employee changes
Q 7. Describe the methods of shaping behavior?
Ans. The five stages of development groups are:
Q 8. Explain Theory X and Theory Y?
Ans. Theory X and Theory Y: In an organization many principles are concerned out of which some are optimistic in nature and some are pessimistic. Theory X deals with the pessimist concern which is basically of negative approach on the other hand theory Y deals basically with positive approach which are obviously optimistic in nature.
Some of the features of the Theory X:
1. They dislike work and so always trying to avoid to complete the work or they always hesitate even to mitigates the work which is given to them by his boss.
2. It is always observed to give a punishment to achieve goals.
3. Always trying to come late and start to work enough late and close the job earlier and always trying to leave the office earlier.
4. Trying to avoid responsibilities to get the work done by his subordinates.
5. Always security above the others.
In theory Y following features may be observed:
1. Liking the work and always & trying to complete on time.
2. Making encouragement for more responsibility and more work.
3. Always on time and with a motivation to complete the job on times as per the defined schedule. Always happy to complete the work on time.
4. Always waiting for new responsibility and enjoying with work.
5. Good appraisal while evaluating the past performance of works in the organization.
Q 9. Write about Leadership and Management?
Ans. Leadership: Leadership can be defined as a process which leads a group or team in an organization. A leader leads a team and takes care of his individual team members. Leadership is a part of management. Leadership in an art which can be developed with an employee in an organization.
Management: Management is a process of system in which an organization works along with their employees. The major role of management are :
1. Leader: Leader of a group or team as per the requirement and to achieve goals.
2. Figure Lead: Head of figure is also the part of role of management.
3. Liaison: Liaison activities with other group member and with business partner is. Liaison makes good relationship with the business partner which is a vital part of the organization.
4. Negotiation: Negotiation on issues i.e. financial aspects, administrative aspects has the important role in an organization. Negotiation with labor, with client to get business, with market has affected the organization.
5. Entrepreneur : Dealing with the big entrepreneur or corporate, making joint venture, consortium etc. is also one of the important aspect of the management
6. Discriminator: It has been observed that management has a vital role in an organization. Various kinds of management i.e. top level management, middle level management and lower level of management work in the capacity of various levels in the organization. The management has to take decision on expanding the organization, strength of organization, future fund flow of the organization.
Q 10. Explain the different areas of Management Skills?
Ans. Different Areas of Management Skills:
1. Technical Skills: In this type of skill, competency in technical aspects may be considered. The overall technicality and soundness on that have to be considered. As for example an employee may have more technical skills as other kind of management skills. Review of technical work up to the satisfactory level. In an organization, if there is a job of contract, the contract documents has to be reviewed thoroughly so as to place, if proper. In another example, the technical review of products has to be seen carefully before launching in the market.
2. Human Skills: The human skills explain about the human behavior among all the employees with in the organization or out of the organization. How to interacting with his subordinates, clients, Consultants, boss etc. is the major important factor. Skill of convincing the other employee is the major important part of the organizational behavior which affects entire business directly or in directly. The relationship with the other in the market in also an important part.
3. Conceptual Skills: In an organization, there is a requirement of specialized person having skill on a specialized part of the project. Now days in the market of software, there is a need of skilled person for that kind of software. They can understand in depth about the software its working, its outcomes etc. In a job of highway project, various specialized parts i.e. economic analysis, design, estimation etc. There is a need of conceptual skill for each specialize fields which organization do training workshop etc.